register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Friday, October 2, 2009



After Tokyo we traveled to 'Shalom Hutte' in Nagano, Azumino Shinshu.




My parents had given me a book about Eco, allergy-friendly accommodations in Japan. and Shalom Hutte was one of them. It was also featured in a macrobiotic magazine called BIO as well.

The owner spent 3 years building the place himself and opened the ground for local kindergarten, which was great for my daughter as well.
The guided tour around the inn is organised by the owner very mornings, taking you to their organic farm and ecological facilities.



their farm and compost toilet
We stayed here for two nights and I wish it was longer!
I can only say the positive things for this place. It is definitely a place where you can relax and feel peaceful, surrounded in the beautiful natural environment. The staff are all so friendly and helpful. perfect for families as well as those for need to be away from their busy lives for a few days.
I will post more on their fabulous meals next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment