register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yong green food

Second time at Yong green food. I think this is my favourite restaurant cafe at the moment. There are many vegetarian restaurants in melbourne but this is one of few where I can trust their quality of ingredients.
The staff are so friendly and nice quiet atmosphere
Last time I went with a friend and we had raw sushi and lentil hot pot with brown rice. I was not so sure about the chewiness of the sushi but the hot pot was very nice. The spices were not overpowering and very clean taste which I really like.
Today I took my daughter. (well, actually SHE took me out for lunch for mother's day lunch. not bad for a 6 year old)
I really wanted to explore the world of raw food more so we ordered nacho and cashew bread.
The dips especially sunflower seed and beetroot dips were so tasty. The meals looked quite small but surprisingly filling.
I couldn't say no to a dessert afterwards. We shared a blueberry cashew cheesecake. The crust could have been a bit more nutty but my daughter loved it. She did say it tasted like my raw cheesecake.

I will definitely go back again and try more things. It can't go wrong with an organic and vegan restaurant. I hope there will be more of these opening up...

I will post a little thought on raw food soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment