register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hawaii trip2












I am back in melbourne after 3 week holiday in Hawaii. I wished the time would last forever and didn't have to come back. I wished II could stay there and forget about all the worries and troubles I would have to face once I am back in Melbourne ( reality...). I knew at the same time that it is not possible and also that is not good for me to ignore them.
The trip was a great experience for me and my daughter.
Here are some things that we did.

Bishop museum (fascinating exhibition on the people and cultures on the different pacific islands, life in and out of the waters. It also had a special exhibition on dinosaurs.
-Swimming at one of the most famous beaches in the world, Waikiki beach
-Lolani palace, where King Kalakaua and his sister and successor queen Liliuokalani lived
- Going for a walk, browsing shops and street performers and artists after dinner.
Sampling some good foods in Hawaii
Going for a tropical bush walks.
-Learning about volcanoes and how Hawaii was formed
-watching Hula dancers and pacific dancers perform
-exploring Hawaii's tropical fish turtles, jellyfish and other ocean life at Ocean centre in Maui
-Collecting and touching rocks and little creatures in a rock pool
-going to farmers markets, where beautiful local and some organic foods are sold
-drinking fresh coconut juice and eating bananas, papayas, mangos and avocados that are just dropped from a tree
-seeing some amazing water falls and scenery
-eating famous rainbow shaved ice
going for a horse riding in a bush
-my daughter didi a dolphin quest where she could touch, swim and kiss dolphins
-learning a few hawaiian words
-having more time to communicate and understand what's going on with my daughter's life, enjoying her company
-seeing my mum for the first time in a year and half. Catching up with her was one of the main reasons of this holiday




I have tio say one of the things I enjoyed was going to a natural organic stores. There are plenty of them in Hawaii and products that are stocked there are so exciting. I could find all the things that I find in Australia and all the other things that are new and I haven't heard of.
There are lots of raw food products.
Many such stores have vegetarian deli sections they are always busy and it is easy to see and taste why.....

No comments:

Post a Comment